Saturday, May 09, 2009

A Surprise for Elena

"Gracias for coming, Regina. I wanted to ask you for your help," Mama Reynaldo said with a warm smile. She drew the young girl into the bedroom closest to the kitchen, opened the armoire and pulled something from one of the bottom shelves. As Mama unwrapped the fabric, Regina gasped. The fabric was gorgeous and beautifully embroidered.

"It's so pretty!" Regina blurted out, reaching out to touch it.

"I was hoping you'd try the dress on for me. You and Elena are very much the same size and I need to see if it fits. I don't have much time to make alterations."

"I don't mind. It will just be tough taking it off and giving it back, but I'm happy to help," Regina said.

"Bueno, I shall be back in a few minutes. If you need help with the buttons, just call for me," Mama said. "And gracias... thank you... Regina."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home